Ar e you looking to make a wonderful chicken dinner? How about giving this Apple-Prosciutto Chicken recipe a try. The Apple-Prosciutto Chicken ingredients and cooking instructions can be viewed through the link below.
4 Boned skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb. total)
4 Slices prosciutto or Boiled ham
1/2 c Finely chopped apple
1/8 ts Apple pie spice
2 tb Finely chopped green onion
1 tb Margarine or butter
1 tb All-purpose flour
2/3 c Skim milk
1/2 c Shredded provolone Cheese (2 ounces)
Hot cooked rice (optional)
1. Rinse chicken, pat dry. Place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound from the center to the edges with the flat side of a meat mallet till 1/4 inch thick.
2. Remove plastic wrap. Place one prosciutto slice atop each breast half. Combine apple and 1/8 teaspoon pie spice.
3. Place a fourth of the apple mixture on each breast. Fold in sides and roll up each half starting from a narrow end. Secure with wooden toothpicks.
4. Sprinkle with additional apple pie spice. Place in a 10x6x2 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until tender and no longer pink. 5. Remove picks. In a small saucepan cook onion in margarine until tender. Stir in flour and dash pepper. Add milk.
6. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in cheese till melted.
7. Serve sauce over chicken rolls. Serve with rice or on a bed of rice, if desired.