Applesauce Parfait with Cinnamon Breadcrumbs
Author Notes: This breakfast parfait (ugh, I detest contacting it a parfait due to the fact it would make me assume of all the super professional yogurt parfaits from fast food chains out there, but oh well) is primarily based off a Norwegian dessert whose identify interprets as veiled farmgirls. The dessert variation takes advantage of whipped cream, which I have only replaced with yogurt to switch it into breakfast. —fiveandspice
lbs cooking apples, cored, peeled, and reduce into 1-inch chunks
Juice from one particular lemon
stick of cinnamon
cup brown sugar (additionally extra sugar – brown or white – to style)
cup drinking water
teaspoons floor cinnamon
Selfmade applesauce (previously mentioned)
cups basic or vanilla or honey-sweetened yogurt
cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
- Incorporate all of the ingredients in a hefty bottomed saucepan covered with a lid. Bring to a boil, then change to small and simmer until finally the apples are wholly tender, about 20 minutes. Flavor and insert much more sugar, if sought after.
- Clear away from the warmth, fish out the cinnamon adhere and then mash nicely with a potato masher or a fork. Let to great in advance of serving in the parfaits.
- In a nonstick skillet, stir with each other the breadcrumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter and cook more than medium warmth, stirring constantly, right until the crumbs are toasted and aromatic, about five minutes. Permit to amazing.
- In 4 bowls or huge eyeglasses, make layers of applesauce, breadcrumbs, and yogurt. Prime every serving with a scattering of toasted hazelnuts and provide.
- This recipe is a Group Pick!
Far more Excellent Recipes: