[Photograph: J. Kenji López-Alt. Video: Serious Eats Video]
Merely roasted beets in a honey-sweetened vinaigrette with goat cheese, boiled eggs, and Marcona almonds.
Read additional: Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Eggs, Pomegranate, and Marcona Almond Vinaigrette
- Yield: Serves 4 to six
- Whole time: two several hours
- 1 one/two kilos (675g) beets, peels on, greens eradicated, scrubbed clear
- one tablespoon (15ml) vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/four cup (70g) toasted Marcona almonds, around chopped (see observe)
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) sherry vinegar
- one tablespoon finely minced shallot (about 1 modest)
- three tablespoons (45ml) added-virgin olive oil
- 1/two cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 little white onions, finely sliced (about 1/two cup)
- four ounces (110g) goat cheese
- two to three tricky-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup (one/2 ounce) leaves from the heart of one head of celery
Preheat oven to 375°F. Fold a 12- by 24-inch sheet of aluminum foil in 50 % to variety a square. Crimp two edges to sort a pouch. Toss beets, vegetable oil, and salt and pepper to style in a medium bowl right up until coated. Incorporate to pouch and crimp remaining edge to seal. Put on a rimmed baking sheet and position in oven. Roast until eventually beets are wholly tender and a toothpick or cake tester inserted into beet by foil shows tiny to no resistance, about one 1/two several hours. Take out from oven and allow for to awesome.
Combine almonds, honey, vinegar, and shallots in a medium bowl. Whisking continually, bit by bit drizzle in olive oil. Season dressing to flavor with salt and pepper.
When beets are neat ample to tackle, peel by gently rubbing pores and skin below cold managing water. Reduce beets into one one/two-inch chunks.
Toss beets, pomegranate, onion, and dressing together in a huge bowl. Transfer to a plate. Garnish with goat cheese, boiled eggs, and celery leaves. Serve right away.
This submit might have hyperlinks to Amazon or other associates your buys via these one-way links can benefit Critical Eats. Read a lot more about our affiliate linking coverage.