This was our Super Bowl dip instead of the Mexican seven layer dip. Ooops, my dip only has six layers… —nannydeb
15 ounce can cannellini beans
basil oil or pesto
roasted tomatoes, chopped (I roasted roma tomatoes in a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes)
calamata olives, sliced
toasted pine nuts
toasted baguette slices
- Drain the cannellini beans, reserving the liquid.
- Puree the beans, garlic and anchovy in the food processor, adding the reserved liquid as needed.
- Pour the pureed beans onto a deep serving plate.
- Top the beans with the basil oil (swirling it in), roasted tomatoes, olives, pine nuts and parmesan.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Former restaurant manager (and waitress, bartender, etc). I love food: eating, trying new recipes, shopping for it, talking/emailing about it, etc. My foodie friend and pen pal got me interested in recipe contests and also turned me on to food52 and now I’m obsessed!