Apple Cider Chicken Stew
Are you looking to make a delicious stew? How about giving the Apple Cider Chicken Stew a try?
1/4 c Flour
1/2 ts Black pepper
1/4 ts Ground cloves
2 ts Oil
1 1/2 lb Boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
14 oz Can tomatoes; peeled and chopped
1 Onion; chopped
1 c Apple cider
1/2 c Chopped apple
2 ts Dried basil
1 ts Grated orange zest
1. Combine the flour, pepper and clove in a large plastic bag. Shake chicken a few pieces at a time in the flour until lightly coated.
2. In a heavy, non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil on Medium heat. Add chicken and brown until the flesh turns white on all sides. Remove to pan.
3. In same skillet, add tomatoes, onion, chopped apple and cider.
4. Bring to a simmer, then add chicken and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
5. Add basil and orange zest. Simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.