Enchiladas are a very delicious meals that the whole family can enjoy. If your looking for a more healthier option, you can try chicken. The Baked Chicken Enchiladas ingredients and cooking instructions can be viewed below.
1 tb Flour
1 c Chicken stock
1 pt Whipping cream or half&half
2 Green onions & tops; chopped
1 ts Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 pt Sour cream
12 Corn tortillas
3 c Cooked chicken breast
2 Pimentos; cut in strips
1/2 lb Cheddar cheese; grated
Green chile sauce; or salsa
Lettuce; coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix flour with stock and heat until slightly thickened.
2. Add the whipping cream (or half & half), green onion, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Stir in sour cream until well mixed.
3. Dip each tortilla in cream sauce, then arrange chicken and strip of pimento down center of each tortilla.
4. Roll and place in greased baking dish (or spray with food release)seam side down. Pour remaining cream sauce over all and bake for 30 min.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheese over all and return to oven untill cheese is melted.
6. Arrange coarsely chopped lettuce around edges of dish. Serve with green chile sauce, or salsa cruda, or Pico de Gallo.